Monday, January 6, 2014

Soup Recipe



Cooking has never really been my forte, so when I see a recipe that doesn’t have a lot of ingredients and can be thrown into the crock-pot I’m sold! I love soup, especially during the winter months, so when I stumbled upon a chicken tortilla recipe I knew that I had to try it out. In my opinion, the crock-pot might be the greatest invention ever, especially for a workingwoman. I was a little apprehensive about this soup because the last one I tried to make did not turn out very well.  

Chicken Tortilla Soup Ingredients:
1-cup picante sauce
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1-pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
1 can black beans
1 soup can water
1-teaspoon ground cumin
4 corn tortillas
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves

Directions:
Mix the picante sauce, soup, chicken, corn, beans, water and cumin in the crock-pot.

Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked.

Stir the tortillas, cheese and cilantro into the cooker.


Review:
This soup was delicious! I give it 5 stars and will definitely be making it again. If our power hadn’t gone out, I would have added a picture to share.

What’s your favorite crock-pot recipe? 

No comments:

Post a Comment